Home Rehabilitation Grants
We work in local partnerships to administer home rehabilitation programs throughout Tompkins County. Low- to moderate-income homeowners of any age receive assistance in making significant repairs to their homes.
How it Works
- Income eligible Tompkins County homeowners may apply for rehabilitation assistance. Funding availability varies from year to year and is awarded on a first-eligible, first-served basis.
- Application and all required documentation must be provided before your home can be inspected to determine final eligibility.
- Structural issues, health and safety concerns and energy improvements are addressed within the limits of the funding regulations.
- A lien, equal to the amount of assistance provided, is placed on the property for a specified length of time.
- Rehabilitation is done by local, prequalified, fully insured private contractors from a list maintained by INHS. Work may include roofing, siding, windows,doors, wells, septic system repair/replacement, energy-saving improvements, and other structural issues.
If interested, please complete and sign the pre-application below. You will be placed on a waitlist for assistance consideration. All participants will have a lien placed on their property for 2, 5, or 10 years, based on the amount of assistance provided.