Where are INHS apartments located?
At present all of our apartments are located within the Ithaca city limits. Many of them are older homes that have been converted to apartments. We've highlighted those units that currently have availability.
- Open and read the rental brochure. A downloadable version is available at the right.
- Complete an application. A downloadable version is available at the right which you may print.
- Complete a Release of Information form, which you may download and print at the right.
- Return the completed forms to Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services. A $5 fee per adult applicant in your household is required before we can proceed with processing.
- When submitting your application, you will meet briefly with one of our rental management staff to review the application and obtain the additional documentation that is required (see sidebar at right)
- Rental staff will discuss the next steps in the process to determine whether you are eligible. For most of our apartments tenants must meet low to moderate income requirements and other criteria.
- We will contact the most recent landlord references from places where you have lived for a year or more. If you have a limited rental history, we may require a credible lease co- signer.
- We will run a credit check to review your credit history. A larger security deposit or an employer reference may also be requested if deemed necessary.
- We will conduct an internal income verification review to see if you have a stable and sufficient source of income
- We run a criminal background check to screen potential renters.